Sunday, December 25, 2011

Favorite Albums of 2011 #28: "Guiltless" by Indian

I like a lot of the metal I listen to, finding that often it delivers at least some of what I like in the genre: oppressive heaviness, impressive technicality or an especially vivid representation of negative emotions. I don't often fall in love with metal though, perhaps because I find that, in enjoying so much of it, I almost take it for granted that I'll get what I want out of any of the many, many metal albums I listen to with any frequency. Some bands and albums rise above and Indian's Guiltless is one such record. It's sludge metal, with a bit of black metal in the vocal style and is just pummeling and dark beyond much of what I've listened to this year. And so, it's also one of the most interesting heavy albums I've listened to in a while; I particularly enjoyed how well-placed the cymbal crashes are

The list so far:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28. Indian - Guiltless
29. WU LYF - Go Tell Fire to the Mountain
30. Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math

No comments:

Post a Comment